Saturday, September 09, 2006

Progress so far


I cast on for this lovely shawl last week before I was aware there was a KAL. Marsha very kindly sent me an invite to join you so here I am!

At this rate this will be the quickest KAL I have ever completed - the pattern is very easy to follow and I have just started the second repeat of the lily of the valley pattern.

What is it with unblocked lace that it always looks so bad :-)

I haven't found the nupps to be too much of a trial but at the moment they are almost impossible to see!

This Suri alpaca laceweight from Cherry Tree Hill is really soft, but is also quite fuzzy and the colour bleeds. I am hoping that blocking will bring out the nupps and I am getting used to having blue fingers and needles.

At the rate I am going it may well be finished by the end of the weekend.

3 comments:

knittingbytheriver said...

Can you please tell me which color you're using? Thanks

Beverly said...

The nupps show beautifully once the shawl is blocked.

Marsha said...

Welcome Janine! Don't you love this pattern, it's one of the easiest I've ever knitted. I love your colorway, even if it causes those blue fingers and needles! ;o)