Thursday, September 28, 2006

fingering Weight?

I am casting on for Swallowtail today and need some advice. I have decided to knit this lovely shawl in Brown Sheep Fingering in Lilac, but I am concerned about being able to do the nupps in this heavier yarn. Has anyone used fingering weight for this? If so, were you happy with the results? I would like a larger, heavier shawl-hence the use of fingering weight. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much, and I have loved seeing everyone else's progress and completed shawls.
Sue J.

3 comments:

MissLucy said...

I used a 2-ply merino, which I believe is fingering weight.The nupps came out fine.

Anonymous said...

I think it might be easier when nupping with heavier weight yarn. Just remember to do the k1,yo,k1,yo,k1 loosely and you can't go wrong. ;)

Jeri said...

You can do the regular nupps fine with fingering weight and I did one regular nupp on my sts but mostly I did a modified nupp of k1,yo,k1, with a corresponding p3tog on the purl back row. And I like the end result fine.