Sunday, September 03, 2006

Hi shawl knitters


Hi, I just joined to knit the shawl with you.

I have already started it and I chose Multi Kido yarn (71% Mohair, 29% Polyamid, 25 g / 240 m). I have three balls of that yarn and by now I have used only 11 grams from the first ball (12th figure from the first pattern on the needles). I have been wondering if the shawl could be done any bigger by making more of the first pattern. I just don't know what would be the correct stitch amount when the next patterns could stil be done without any mistakes. I hope I could write this on understandable way while my English isn't so clear (I'm Finnish). Have you ever noticed this shawl in different size than in the magazine is shown.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i used a 4 ply weight yarn, and it turned out just nice whihc i can tie a knot on front.

I would love to a mohair version of this shawl. Welcome on board.

Jeri said...

I plan to do 19 repeats of the bud chart instead of the 14. I'll be posting the calculations to my blog.
www.soapquiltknit.blogspot.com