NUPPS UPDATE: I found a way (that works well for me) to do the nupps.
1. Purl with the regular needle until it's time to do the P5TOG
2. Pull the right (needle with the just made stitches) so that the stitches aren't near the point (so they don't fall off)
3. Using a small DPN (I used a US#1.5 INOX DPN - nice and pointy), insert it into the five stitches and purl
4. transfer the newly purled stitch onto the right needle
5. Continue stitching as usual
I can take some pictures and post if anyone is interested or needs the visual.
I just finished the Budding Lace 2 section and feel like I'm standing at the top of the highdive, butterflies fluttering all over the place... Thank you to Marsha for posting the Nupp Alternative!! I think I'll just dive right in and see how it goes.
I had already started this shawl when I found this KAL, but it's been great seeing all the finished shawls and particularly the wonderful 'purls' of information!
This is going to be a Christmas gift for my sister. I've had just a wonderful time knitting it (it's my first lace shawl) that I might make one for me, too!
I'm using Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud in Iris on Addi Naturas US#4, and I'm really disappointed with the join of the needle to the cable. I typically use turbos, but at the join, there's a definite little...notch is the only word I can think of...that the stitches keep getting caught in. I just bought these yesterday (I fought with the Budding Lace sections on metal circs which were too slippery), and I think I'm going to return them.
Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a better wooden circ to use that has a better join?