Thursday, January 11, 2007

Done, With Baby Cashmere

Yarn: Elann's Baby Cashmere (60% alpaca, 30% merino, 10% cashmere)

Amount Used: 480 yards/440 meters/3.85 oz./110 grams

Needles: KnitPicks Options Interchangeable size 7 US (4.5mm)

Pre-Block Dimensions: Length - 22", Width - 49"

Post-Block Dimensions: Length - 30", Width - 63"


Such a wonderful pattern! The nupps slowed me down, but they were very easy to do. I had to frog a couple of rows at the beginning, and I had 2 dropped stitches toward the end, involving YO's, but I was easily able to pick them up again (don't ask me how!). It took me about 10 days to complete, and I did not knit for hours at a time. I will make this pattern again, as it was very satisfying. Thanks for this KAL!
More pics on blog:

4 comments:

Knitting Morgana said...

Wow. Congrats. I love it. And the color is fantastic. I am also considering this yarn together with Debbie Bliss DK alpaca silk. It's so difficult to make up one's mind!

Katie said...

Beautiful! I love your choice of color.

Janet said...

Very very pretty. Congrats!

Kathleen said...

I have just come across this knitalong blog and I have to say I find your shawl quite breath-taking. I've admired this pattern since it came out, and I think yours is the perfect example.