Monday, January 08, 2007

While I was in Pemberton, I finished the Swallowtail Shawl.

This was just a joy to knit. The pattern is beautifully knitted, and it's interesting enough that you don't get bored. There were quite a few things that were new to me in this shawl. It was my first trianglular shawl, my first provisional cast-on, and my first attempt at nupps. Luckily all were relatively smooth. I will mention that it really doesn't do to drop a stitch directly above a nupp. It's not very easy to pick up and get going again!

I blocked the shawl on a grotty rug on the floor of the cabin we stayed in, and we all kept wandering by to admire the blocking transformation. I think this is easily the most impressive-looking thing I've knit.

I have gifted this to my grandmother Jessica. I don't have any photos of her wearing it - I didn't have my camera with me - but she seems to like it, and I think the color suits her well.

Cross-posted on What Katie Did.

No comments: