Friday, December 29, 2006

done!

Done! I'm really happy with the way this shawl turned out: a perfect mix of open airiness and structure, good transitions between sections, and a beautiful peaked edging.

My notes:
Pattern; Swallowtail Shawl, Interweave Knits, Fall 2006
Designer: Evelyn Clark
Yarn: Rovings Canada 80/20 wool-silk in a natural shade of brown, straight from the fleece, fingering weight
Needles: size 8 Bryspun 24" circular, size 8 Addi Turbo 40" circular
I I had it Do Over Again: I wouldn't change anything. Even the fearsome nupps in the third and fourth charts turned out to be worth the time and effort, forming little French-knot like exclamation points amidst the swirl of the lace patterns. Soft, lightweight, warm.

The shawl, originally knit for one of my assistants, is going, instead, to Cyprus as a gift for the woman who hosted my daughter during her home stay and semester abroad last year. The shawl seemed to know this and refused to pose for a picture adequate to its beauty. Perhaps I'll be able to post it looking out to the Mediterranean once it reaches the recipient?

2 comments:

Sue J. said...

Wow! Gorgeous! Congratulations on such a fine job!
Sue J.

KnittingJones said...

Beautiful! You've inspired me to continue!