Saturday, December 16, 2006

So Close Yet...

I finished the last row of the peaked edging chart last night and have about 12" of yarn left. I have no more skeins of this yarn. I doubt there is any chance of getting any of the same dye lot of the yarn since I've had this yarn in my stash just over a year. I checked with the shop where I bought the yarn and they don't have any more. I am now faced with two options. Option 1, order a skein of a different dye lot to finish up. Option 2, take out the last two rows of the peaked edging and finish from there. This is where all you knitters that have completed shawls come in to play. How would losing those last two rows of peaked edging impact the look of the shawl. Should I just order another skein? Help........

Edited to add - The yarn I'm using is Blue Sky Alpaca 100% alpaca sportweight. Color 308 (navy), dye lot 9470

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you mean taking out one row of pattern and one wrong side row, I think you could do that successfully. The peaks come in part from the last two rows of the pattern before the bind-off. These two rows are not charted, but are in the instructions. If that doesn't look good, you may need to order another skein. If the dyelot difference is too great, you may be able to slip a lifeline into one of the stockinette rows at the beginning of the last chart, frog back, and continue alternating skeins every two rows. Good luck!